Blindfold Endgame Visualisation 14/50

Blindfold Endgame Visualisation


#14, A. Troitzky, 1906


This was the one that convinced me that I really need to do something about sleep.


Specifically, the something that  I needed to do was to prioritise it.


It was December. Towards the end of what had been a very busy month. It only took a glance at the position to know I was seeing it for the second time. I didn’t know where I’d come across it before - the blindfold puzzles that sometimes appear at the end of Perpetual Chess episodes probably - but I was 100% sure that I had. What is more, I knew that it hadn’t taken me long to discover the solution.


This time, though, it was different. This time I couldn’t do it. By which I mean not that I got to the point where I kind of sort of knew what it was going to be and just didn’t bother to finish. I mean I couldn’t do it.


I knew that I had to manoeuvre the knight around whilst the Black king shuffled back and forward. I just couldn’t get my brain to work out the route. My brain was tired. My brain didn't care that I had chess training to do. My brain didn’t want to know


So now I prioritise sleep.


Which may be part of the reason why, when I looked at the position again for this post, I found the route without too much difficulty at all.




OUTCOME: Solved


RUNNING TOTAL: 13/14

Comments

  1. I also had a problem applying myself for this position and visited it several times, each time struggling to visualise knight moves. Then I decided too quickly - carelessly - that I'd solved the position when I hadn't.
    My running score: 9/14.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Chess