Blindfold Endgame Visualisation 4/50


#04, Richard Reti

 

"The first 6 positions are not the hardest …" according to Martin. Well, if so #04 is where his and my definition of 'hard' part company. Even if you know this one, and you might well do, working through the intricacies and sub-plots is not a trivial undertaking. Well, it wasn’t for me anyway.


Got there in the end though.


And before I forget - this article is definitely worth a look if you're interested in a few more blindfold tips.




OUTCOME: Solved.


RUNNING TOTAL: 4/4.

Comments

  1. Oh dear, I was careless with this one. I knew approximately what to do and I knew there were two possibilities the attacker could try but I didn't calculate precisely. I think not being able to visualise the board probably contributed to my lack of accuracy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Chess