Immersion 5: All Japanese All The Time



Employers eh?  Strange bunch of chaps.


They hire you to do a job and then they set about systematically putting obstacles in your way to ensure you can’t actually do that job.


One day I must find out why they do it this way.


All of which is my way of explaining that my month of immersion is much closer to coming to an end than I would have liked.



A couple of weeks ago I wrote something about runningTrying to learn a new language is something else that strikes me as analogous to developing chess skills as an adult. And, like runners, language students also seem to do their thing better than we do ours.

I don’t know of anyone in the chess world who tweets quite like this Official AJATT dude. He's well worth a follow even if, like me, you have zero interest in learning Japanese.


Here are a few tweets from AJATT that I saw yesterday. Thought provoking and just what I needed to hear.

Which goes to show that immersion in chess study needn't - and probably shouldn't - be to be just about immersing yourself in chess.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Chess